New environment or the renewing of the mind?

RENEWING OF THE MIND is the answer. Knowing the right answer doesn't mean that a person will make the right choice. "Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak", this is a common phrase heard among christians be it as an excuse, joke or reason.

Looking at what Pastor is going through, what I am feeling is seriously nothing. But just as Equal Sacrifice and Unequal giving applies, so does it apply to the issues of life that one faces daily. "To each of his own" that is.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Well it depends on the priority, personality, background/experiences and belief system of the person. Not to miss out, also family and friends play an important part aka relationships. So I will appreciate if you don't inculcate what your value system onto mine. Everyone faces and handles issues of life to the best of their know-how.

Currently, I need a new environment to renew my mind. Be it nonsense or not, environment to me is a key ingredient for a break - put things aside, see the world and come back with new perspective, hence, a renewal of the mind. Not everything has to be about the bible, I have my 2 feet walking on earth and I don't walk in mid-air. Though I may use to walk in mid-air, decades ago, I have no wish to do so anymore. As time passes, I just felt that it was self-deception and delusion.

Delay is not denial, true, but God has to give the grace and the strength to withstand the duration of delay. In this sense, I am losing strength, thus losing patience. With my condition getting worst, I have no more trust. The extreme of me is that when I lose trust in 1 area, I lose trust in its entirety.

So why am I still hanging on? Hanging onto the traditions I guess? Or maybe to the love I once experience so strongly? Is it worth it? In the long term, what will I see? A free thinker perhaps because I won't believe in statues.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day