Focus on Fasting

For twice over the weekend, I read about fasting.

I think one was a past article by Pastor about the benefits and purpose of fasting, and the other was so happened that Pastor blogged about fasting again!

For the whole of last year, I think I hardly fasted or maybe just once or twice but that was for the sake of doing it.

But this time, I really want to stay focus and pray for healing, breakthrough and also more hunger for God.

I have been following some of the tweeple, and felt that wow, I mean God is moving and how come MY spiritual clock seem to have stopped. Many distractions and also emotional baggages.

Sometimes I am just too caught up with the world, my emotions, my needs, my wants, my dream, my desires. Yet, this person gave up his desire to fulfill a greater purpose and was filled with joy. So why am I striving?

More and more, I felt meaningless about my life, and vague about my future. Do I have a future? I don't see it. I can't see as well. As I grow older, everything seems farther and farther beyond my grasp.

What's my gift? What's my talent? What have I done? I believe that I might have blogged about this several times, as and when I felt lost. Is it because I have compared myself with others? Discontentment?

Honestly, I am quite discontented. I just felt that I have not utilised the potential within me, I am saying this more for my career.

But I am also fasting because I hardly fasted for others. I really want to try fasting for the salvation of my friends for this week. I thought of fasting 24hrs, for the 5 week days. Hmmm but decided to just fast 6am to 6pm, it's more realistic. I am fasting also because I am facing frustrations at workplace. More and more, I find that I am super lack of wisdom. Super Duper!!!! I need wisdom, seriously!

I guess over the years, my brain/mind has been used on unnecessary things like drama, negative thoughts, idling. I have not fully utilise it for a good purpose.

I also wanna fast for breaking every chains that have binded me from walking close with the Lord, my selfishnes, self-centredness, pride, etc. I think the greatest issue I have now is pride at my workplace. I am trying to keep track of this part of my emotions. Really, I need to break free from certain emotional baggages that will cause me to react against remarks of others. I think over the years, I have not released criticism and cynical remarks of others over my life. I am fasting to break all the negative words spoken over my life too, those that have caused the emotional baggage that I experience now.

When I was younger, I wasn't much affected by what others said but now, I am reacting strongly and negatively towards remarks of others. To the extent that I reject even constructive remarks from others whom wants me to improve. I just felt so controlled about others comments about me, everybody has something to say. And it makes me feel sick! Hello!!!!! Tell me when you are perfect!!!!! alison, you should do this / alison, you should do that / alison, why do you do this? / alison, why don't you do this? / alison, this is good for you / alison, this is bad for you / alison, you cannot or shouldn't do this or that / alison, why do you think differently from others? / alison, why can't you think normal like others?

If you cannot accept me, then leave me alone! This is my reaction. Given when I was younger, I would have reflected. I think sometimes the tone, the body language of how others criticise or so-called comments to help, really makes me feel like they disapprove me very much. Look at the plank in your own eyes before you look at the speck in my eyes!!!!!!!

OK, I am supposed to talk about fasting. So you see, I really need to fast for my emotions and also bondages that have bond me and stopped me from progressing in life. That's why I dun really like to make many friends, in fact, I don't allow many people into my life. Unless you really know me well, and when I say know me well, it's not like you see me once a week, or a few times a year, and try to tell me what to do. Please, I will not accept it.

I hardly criticise others or tell them what to change and not to change, unless I know I spend enough time with them and I know them for a long, long time. Because I know I have no right to comment, unless I have known this person well enough. But if opportunity knocks, the atmosphere and timing is right, I will speak out but in a loving way. Not as if I want to control the person and try to change the person to who I want this person to be, in my impression.

Haiz, I have alot to say about remarks from others. Don't tell me what to do when you don't know me well enough. It's different if I respect you though. And respect is to be earned which I am not good at. Perhaps I am afraid of rejection, so I just don't expect others to give me respect to a certain degree. But basic respect as a person, I do expect from the society.

So fasting, breaks every stronghold of pride, bad habits, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, discontentment, unhappiness towards society.

Fasting is to break the ground for the salvation of my friends, especially now He has open doors for me to know the people from dragonboat and most of whom are backsliders!!!!! Oh God, pls break the stronghold of pride, unbelief, bitterness, misconception of who You are!! I feel that pride and fear are both strongholds in most Singaporeans life. But I want to believe for these friends:

1. Roland
2. Daniel
3. Eddision
4. Kim
5. Ryan
6. Keith
7. Lilian
8. Baoping

I don't need all of them to come to know God NOW, but I hope that this easter, the guys and Lilian will come. I pray that they will not only be touched by the drama, but they will encounter God each in a personal way, not be fearful and not to withdraw, but respond to the voice of Holy Spirit calling their names.

Amen! The devil have to lose his hold on them, because the breath of God is in them, it just needs to be resurrected by the same Spirit that has resurrected Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day