Suay Year for the Lambs
I went out with my friend on my birthday and she commented that this is a suay year for those born in the year of Goat.
Honestly, I think this is crap. If you believe it, it will happen. If you don't believe, it will not happen. In this time of the economic crisis, even if we or those born in the year of Goat got retrenched it's inevitable. I mean those who retrench will not only be those born in the year of Goat. I believe that that will include other zodiac animals.
I think this is pretty ridiculous. There are bound to be good and bad times in your life. During the good times, it will be known as 旺 and during the bad times, it will be known as suay.
I think the more superstitious a person is, the more 糊涂 is that person. I mean isn't this simple logic to comprehend?
In the past, people aren't that educated so they lack of knowledge. To have an educated person to believe in something superficial seems to defeat the purpose of gaining knowledge.
It's not about religion nor faith. But simple logic that there are good and bad times in life and I am sure the atheists out there will agree with me since there's believe in themselves and no such thing as God or deities.
If the atheists believe that there's such thing as 旺 or suay years, then isn't that believing that there's something else greater out there dictating their lives? that will be oxymoron.
Oxymoron seems to be one of my fav word to use these days.
Wikipedia definition:
Honestly, I think this is crap. If you believe it, it will happen. If you don't believe, it will not happen. In this time of the economic crisis, even if we or those born in the year of Goat got retrenched it's inevitable. I mean those who retrench will not only be those born in the year of Goat. I believe that that will include other zodiac animals.
I think this is pretty ridiculous. There are bound to be good and bad times in your life. During the good times, it will be known as 旺 and during the bad times, it will be known as suay.
I think the more superstitious a person is, the more 糊涂 is that person. I mean isn't this simple logic to comprehend?
In the past, people aren't that educated so they lack of knowledge. To have an educated person to believe in something superficial seems to defeat the purpose of gaining knowledge.
It's not about religion nor faith. But simple logic that there are good and bad times in life and I am sure the atheists out there will agree with me since there's believe in themselves and no such thing as God or deities.
If the atheists believe that there's such thing as 旺 or suay years, then isn't that believing that there's something else greater out there dictating their lives? that will be oxymoron.
Oxymoron seems to be one of my fav word to use these days.
Wikipedia definition:
An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or, more rarely, oxymora) is a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms. Oxymoron is a loanword from Greek oxy ("sharp" or "pointed") and moros ("dull"). Thus the word oxymoron is itself an oxymoron.
Oxymorons are a proper subset of the expressions called contradictions in terms. What distinguishes oxymorons from other paradoxes and contradictions is that they are used intentionally, for rhetorical effect, and the contradiction is only apparent, as the combination of terms provides a novel expression of some concept, such as "cruel to be kind" or "team of mavericks".