The Past Week

Though I am trying to save for my studies, on Sunday, I still went ahead to pledge the amount slightly higher than before instead of slashing my giving my 50%. Hmmm, by God's grace, He has to help me fulfill.

Went for prayer meet since Tue. It was great... I cried on Thu, touched by the love and assurance of the Lord.

My colleague joined me on Wed, it's so great that she has been encouraged by God and she saw a vision. Wanna fast with her and pray together but...... i forgot I got a farewell lunch!!!!! Ah yo, I feel apologetic towards her because she's really going through a tough time with her family. Next week, I promise... Keep my fingers crossed....

On Wed night, I met up with 2 friends for blood donation at NUH for an 11-year old girl who has just had bone marrow transplant and suffering from internal bleeding. She needs A+ platelet but O+ blood can still save her. GO IF YOU CAN!

Ironically, these 2 friends met each other on forum and guess what? One is my SOT classmate and the other is my Sec sch classmate! haha... what a small world and it's so good that my SOT mate is reaching out to her. So amazing that they are good friends now even though they met through parenting forum. My friend is really engaged in the cultural mandate. :>

I haven't been donating my blood since 2 years back, either low iron or the Q is ridiculously long that I don't think my turn will ever come before they close. But thank God, I am finally back to donating blood. So happy! Though my iron count is 12.3, the nurse let me through coz I am just short of 0.2. But of course, I can only give the smallest pack of 350cc. whatever...

I wonder if it's because of the blood donation and PMS, I think I was such a goner on Thu night when I played for someone's CG. I was totally lost and unable to focuse. I rushed by home without spending much time in fellowship, reached home by 1130pm and knocked out by 12am.

Fri was much better, though I am still tired, I am much better in concentration. With the monthly woman thingy, no wonder, I felt weak and tired. What a good timing..... haiz... drained of blood.... Never mind about it, the auditors are coming next Monday and we had to go through piles and piles of files to check for SOX compliance. My head was so heavy and it didn't help when I am losing iron.

And finally today! I went back home early after CG last nite as well, slept slightly after 12am. I woke up about 10am this morning... Dragged my feet, but I told myself, I must go down to IDP Australia office today, by hook or by crook. No more delays if I want to be serious about planning for next year!!!

Well, I was introduced to this new school in Melbourne - Swinburne University of Technology and another in Adelaide, South Australia - University of South Australia. They are like a whole new world to me. I have not been that adventurous when it comes to education. I am adventurous to do things independently but I don't play with education because it costs $$ and it's not cheap. Not like I am born with a silver spoon in my mouth and have lots to spend.

Adelaide, I don't mind trying her out if I can gain extra points for PR application. Well, Swinburne is a little tricky because she's more commonly known for graphics, that's what the consultant shared but they do offer quite a good MBA program in collaboration with North Eastern Uni in the States.

Now my worries, $$$. I am getting rather frustrated trying to search for scholarships. 90% of the scholarships DO NOT cater to Singaporeans! Thanks to the boast of world-class education and developed economy. Haiz.... I am hunting for scholarships and managed to find just ONE - Endeavour Awards.

This area of finances to continue my studies is eating into my emotions and increasing my temperament - losing patience easily and getting frustrated easily.

Haiz... must trust God to bring wealth to me as I give my tithes, offering and building fund. He will be my greatest sponsor of the lifetime. I hope He will make a way out for me and help me to choose the right school, the right combination of Masters and the right friendships while I am there.

I hope there won't be any hitches to my plan, to me, this is my everything for the next few years. If this doesn't come through, I don't know what to hope for in the next few years. I am not satisfied just staying in Singapore and work my ass off to pay for bills and survival.

NO, it's my dream and it's either now or never. I have delayed since I did my undergraduate, I don't want to delay any longer.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day