Back from Korea

Finally, I am back after being away for 3 weeks in Korea. It has been quite tiring to wake up at 530am every morning for morning exercise except during homestay.

I really did enjoy this trip though there were sort of a "gospel warfare" for the first 2 weeks. I think the people didn't really express the message correctly. It was until the last day, that I had a mind blowing revelation about salvation. It was tremendous and hit me awake.

The beginning I thought I might have made a mistake to come for this trip but now I know why I am on this trip.

First, I was inspired by the youths and the members who dedicated 1 year of their life for missionary. Almost every other person can speak a 2nd language.

Second, their faith level is amazing. I guess the mission trip really helped them to have total dependence in God for their survival and provision.

Third, they are very persistent in a person's salvation. Though this is good, I felt that it can be very stumbling. They never say die.

Fourth, they share their hearts with one another, transparent not naked. Even though they may be from different branch churches in Korea and other parts of the world, they believe in having one heart and mind in Christ. They are from the same family of God. During break times, I will usually try to take a nap. But they are people whom will chit chat even when they said they are tired. They will just talk and talk, and I couldn't even take nap. The worst, I can't join them because they are communicating in Korean. So frustrating!

Fifth, they are not people who take salvation for granted. I guess it's a cultural thingy in this sense. The gospel is a very precious gift to them, I guess it's the reason why they give themselves wholly to the Father without much reservations. In their society, they have to work hard to prove themselves, strife to be the first or to have the attention that they want and needed. These are the people that I see in Beautitudes, people who are poor and broken in the spirit.

Sixth, because of their persistence, I finally get to understand what Salvation really means. I was saved in a family church without anyone the fullness of the gospel. Then I just grew and read the bible on my own. After transferring to another church, I just moved on as a "christian" already saved. Over the years, I just moved on higher in knowledge and in truth. But my heart was never really settled in faith for God to work in all areas of my life. It was a great joy and revelation I have found on the last day of this trip.

Seventh, many married missonaries were brought together by their senior pastor. Because they are often on the move and probably based out of their home country, that is why their senior pastor helped to bring them together. These people are very focused because they know who they are living for and where they are moving towards together. So nice...

Eighth, I have never heard of them and they have never heard of Yoido Full Gospel Church. Though they may not have as many members as Yoido but they have very good resources. To have a church in almost every other cities and countries, they have their own coaches unless they have rented and have the print ad cover the bus. They even have the photo album printed ready to give out on the last day of the camp. Fireworks set for the closing ceremony, it was grand.

Ninth, they are very precise in the word of God. Very, very precise. When they shared with me, sometimes, it can shock me because often I read the word as it is. Perhaps it's just me. Still it was something that I learnt from them.

Lastly, they eat alot and they brush many times. For every meal that they have, they will always brush their teeth after that. Morning, after breakfast/lunch/dinner and before bed. I tried doing that the first 2 days, I gave up. I don't have such habit. They have rice for breakfast, otherwise it will be croissant and cereal with milk. To me, it was heavy because I usually will just have biscuits or bread. I put on 2kg for this trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day