New language of the youth
I was on my way home last night after gym. Listening to IPOD when I started hearing this conversation from a teenage gal with the acronyms: L.I, L.U, A.L.O. What are these suppose to mean?
I won't know. Probably have to ask my cousin. Everything is quick, fast and short here in Singapore even in conversations. I don't think this is a universal symptom of advancing in new age. Yes, there will be near jargons or slangs but these - L.I, L.U, A.L.O.
When I was in school more than a decade ago (yea, I am getting old), there was this "F" and "H" language which till now, I have no idea how to speak. haha... I have heard during MY generation but I don't really bother to learn things which are not beneficial. My brain doesn't have the space for it.
__________________________________________________________
I am counting down to my trip and also watching the USD rate to go down so that I can get a better exchange rate. I wonder if it will ever go back down to 1.35 again.
At this moment, I think the rate is 1.36. As a typical Singaporean, I am rather Kiasu. I don't wanna lose out on the exchange rate. For what?!?!! I could have more to spend than waste on exchange losses. And yes, not only am I a typical singaporean, I am a calculative accounting person. haha....
I am trying to keep my trip budget. So if I don't get you anything doesn't mean I don't love you ya... My heart is still for you, my friends.... *chuckles*
I will try to get something if possible, esp for the gals since facial products are cheaper than Singapore.
Apparently, since this is a supposedly youth camp, I am might need to run in races or such. Ah yo... I wonder if I can still make it as an athlete. I am going gym quite regularly, but not for training. Anyway, I will try my best. I do like sports competitions for the fun of it and also to experience youth once again. haha....
I won't know. Probably have to ask my cousin. Everything is quick, fast and short here in Singapore even in conversations. I don't think this is a universal symptom of advancing in new age. Yes, there will be near jargons or slangs but these - L.I, L.U, A.L.O.
When I was in school more than a decade ago (yea, I am getting old), there was this "F" and "H" language which till now, I have no idea how to speak. haha... I have heard during MY generation but I don't really bother to learn things which are not beneficial. My brain doesn't have the space for it.
__________________________________________________________
I am counting down to my trip and also watching the USD rate to go down so that I can get a better exchange rate. I wonder if it will ever go back down to 1.35 again.
At this moment, I think the rate is 1.36. As a typical Singaporean, I am rather Kiasu. I don't wanna lose out on the exchange rate. For what?!?!! I could have more to spend than waste on exchange losses. And yes, not only am I a typical singaporean, I am a calculative accounting person. haha....
I am trying to keep my trip budget. So if I don't get you anything doesn't mean I don't love you ya... My heart is still for you, my friends.... *chuckles*
I will try to get something if possible, esp for the gals since facial products are cheaper than Singapore.
Apparently, since this is a supposedly youth camp, I am might need to run in races or such. Ah yo... I wonder if I can still make it as an athlete. I am going gym quite regularly, but not for training. Anyway, I will try my best. I do like sports competitions for the fun of it and also to experience youth once again. haha....