KPO-ism
Interestingly, I don't suppose any other countries in the world has as many Ks as Singapore.
Kia-Su
Kia-Si
Kia-Po
Are instilling fear as a value here in this place?
K-Po - being a busy body or nosy poker. My colleague is going through a depressing time because her new born has urinary tract infection at the age of 4 months. She's worried sick and the only salt that's rubbing her wound is her mother-in-law (MIL).
She was crying or rather sobbing softly in the pantry and there was this lady that asked me what's wrong with her. I was taken aback as you don't do that in front of the person who's already so sad! So I tried to gently brush her off so that she will just stop asking in front of my colleague or rather behind with perhaps just 1m distance? Haiz.... How sensitive can these people be?
Looking at it positively, the person who asked me about her is a mutual colleague whom we seldom cross path with. But she did look very concerned about my colleague and I just told her softly her baby girl is unwell. I tried to stop at that but she was trying to prompt, I just smiled at her as a sign to say stop asking.
Perhaps these people really care. My company doesn't strike me as the typical K-po singaporeans who try to poke their nose into everybody else's business. It's seem comforting to know that people ask about you and be concerned about you. Even the pantry auntie comforted and give her suggestions of handling the situation with her MIL. Rather heart-warming, I wouldn't bear to leave this "family".
During appraisal, my manager and supervisor will speak to me like my sister or brother to encourage, advise and also support.
Really blessed to be in this family.
Kia-Su
Kia-Si
Kia-Po
Are instilling fear as a value here in this place?
K-Po - being a busy body or nosy poker. My colleague is going through a depressing time because her new born has urinary tract infection at the age of 4 months. She's worried sick and the only salt that's rubbing her wound is her mother-in-law (MIL).
She was crying or rather sobbing softly in the pantry and there was this lady that asked me what's wrong with her. I was taken aback as you don't do that in front of the person who's already so sad! So I tried to gently brush her off so that she will just stop asking in front of my colleague or rather behind with perhaps just 1m distance? Haiz.... How sensitive can these people be?
Looking at it positively, the person who asked me about her is a mutual colleague whom we seldom cross path with. But she did look very concerned about my colleague and I just told her softly her baby girl is unwell. I tried to stop at that but she was trying to prompt, I just smiled at her as a sign to say stop asking.
Perhaps these people really care. My company doesn't strike me as the typical K-po singaporeans who try to poke their nose into everybody else's business. It's seem comforting to know that people ask about you and be concerned about you. Even the pantry auntie comforted and give her suggestions of handling the situation with her MIL. Rather heart-warming, I wouldn't bear to leave this "family".
During appraisal, my manager and supervisor will speak to me like my sister or brother to encourage, advise and also support.
Really blessed to be in this family.