Counting Down.....

.... to my upcoming trip to KOREA!!!!!!!!!


I am pretty excited as I am not following a tour group but an International Youth Fellowship. Yea, I know I am no longer a student but hey, the age group for youth is from 18-35 years of age. :> So statistically speaking, I am still a YOUTH!
It's almost like backpacking, free & easy trip.
Extract from the web:
The World Camp runs for four weeks during the month of July. It consists of programmes and training directed at overcoming themselves. These programmes usually include heaps of entertaining episodes. Around two thousand students from forty different countries had participated in last years 7th IYF World Camp (2004). Meetings and relationships from all over the world ripen while they experience the breathtaking natural scenery of Korea, main industrial facilities, military bases, one-day military experience, diverse cultural presentations, lectures, sightseeing, short marathons, sports competitions and various other programmes. Whether they are American or Russian, problems of the youth basically have the same characteristics though their images may differ. IYF gives its all to teach about things that cannot be taught by parents and education, namely the "realm of the heart and self-control".

As the participants realise this beautiful realm through heart-to-heart fellowship, they experience a closeness of the heart beyond boundaries. We feel IYF is moving within some invisible providence. These participating students once trapped by the narrow framework of their minds can be freed into becoming born again workers who can give up their lives for the truth. As these students turn from lives invested in selfish desires and momentary joy, they become people of great purpose. International exchange arises from true meanings. The next generation has already been drawn out in the blueprint of IYF.

Isn't wonderful to have an overview tour? I seriously don't need any joy rides from whatever theme parks. I want to experience the culture, the lifestyle and enjoy the natural sceneries. And of course the international fellowship from people all over the world!

Perhaps God knows that I want to go Korea since last year and allowed me to stumble upon this website. http://www.sg.iyf.org/

I don't remember and don't know how I manage to find this website but I got to know it since last year. I missed the timing for last year's trip though.

I want to eat Kimchi. I never thought I would come to like vegetables until my uncle brought a pack of Kimchi from Korea a few months ago. For those who know me, I am a carnivore, totally can't live without MEAT. To think of going of staying in a country with no meat but vege, I could have killed myself......

I can eat plain rice with just Kimchi alone without any other dishes. I never know I can eat plainly! Well, it's a new discovery. Everyday, it's a new day of self-discovery - knowing self and others better.

Thank you, Jesus!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day