Another friend getting married

I have yet another sec sch friend getting married. So nice...

Just visited their lovey-dovey home yesterday and at the same time, sec sch mates gathering to catch up. I think there are only 3 singles left out of the group. The one that seems to be the last to be attached has already got herself a long-time boyfriend too.

The only consolation was a date I would be having after the housewarming. I am glad I have a date after so many years of just hanging out with good guy friends. Flipside of the coin is that this guy is much, much younger than me. haha... but anyway it was just a meetup for dinner and supposedly movie, I was glad the latter was cancelled though. I was rather tired since I was out the whole day since 8am.

I am pretty glad that there wasn't any awkwardness, at least I didn't feel that way. Not too sure about the guy though, I can't exactly say he's a man yet. haha... He's quite a nice person and easy to talk to. It was just a short dinner of about 2 hrs I think. Intelligent person, full of mathematical formulars since he's in the Maths faculty, done up a number of templates for one of the companies from the same group company we are working for.

After reaching home, I asked if I shocked him. I must have looked alot older than usual with my makeup, permed hair and dressing. Haha... Before I got off his car, he said see you again. I wondered was it just plain politeness or sincerity? (a sign of insecurity or lack of confidence here, haha..) I was about to shoot my mouth with, "I think... " I stopped short of that and dropped the conversation. He asked me to continue.... I gave some sort of excuse, whatever was that, I can't remember.

I didn't want him to misunderstand that I am despising his age by saying I don't think there's much opportunity to meet up. We don't have much opportunity because he's going back to school and there will be less time to meet up. anyway, I am glad I stopped at where I started before continuing.

After so many years, I am glad to have a date to keep me sane and stop me from wondering what is wrong with me. Thank God for this "date"!

Perhaps it's because I am not in TTT, that's why I don't get to see the guys in church taking iniative. Honestly speaking, I also don't bother to get to know more of them. I am slow in building r/s and getting to know pple. If I don't speed up in this area of starting a friendship, I guess I really need a miracle from heaven.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day