Servanthood
Pst spoke servanthood today. My mind was just going to and fro, flipping through if I have the attitude of a servant.
Honestly speaking, I am lacking in many ways. Servanthood should start from my earthly family, then to spiritual and lastly to the society - friends, colleagues, relatives.
Just thinking, sometimes when I am told to do certain chores at home, I'd just be so unwilling because of physically tiredness, sometimes laziness and sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything.
Many a times, I serve my family whenever I feel like it. Sleep to me is pretty important though I like to cook. Last Saturday, I woke up early and wanted to cook lunch. I did.
I am praying and asking the Lord to help me have the right attitude in serving my own family. I guess I have been too spoilt by my mum who does everything for me when I was young. I grew up to be individualistic but definitely not selfish. I grew up doing things on my own if it's of my own choice. Did things independently if I need anything.
From my growing up years, I told myself when I have children of my own, I want to ground them with the right values, attitudes according to the Word of God. I grew up figuring out these on my own. Not that my parents didn't teach me, but I guess my mum grew up to be a spoilt child herself and not a strong believer to teach me the values. My dad was too busy with work, though he took really good care of me but I guess in some areas of his life, there are issues unresolved.
But thank God, at least they brought me to Sunday services where I learnt about christian lifestyle. But these wasn't exactly grounded because of conviction but it's because it's written in the bible and I am just doing certain things out of obedience.
And perhaps this is the reason why I choose to serve when I want to and as I can.
I really need to tear down and rebuilt many areas of my life. I think I really have not caught anything while I was in SOT. Not the right way to phrase, I did learn and encounter God while in SOT. I guess it's just spiritual discipline now as well as really asking the Lord to re-ignite the fire and passion I have for the dreams He has placed in my life.
I want to serve in the areas of Mission and Preaching. I just inadequate because the knowledge I have gained through training has not become a lifestyle and application in my daily work.
Help me, Holy Spirit!
Even during communion today, I asked the Lord to help me truly change inside-out. This is the season of change.
From tradition to transition, I passing through this transition stage at this age when it seems tough the change certain habits and attitudes. But in God, all things are possible. It's a matter of willingness, intimacy with the Lord as well as humility. Knowing the origin of my being, the gifts, talents, authority, etc in my life.
Once I pull through the transition period, there will be transformation. Just need to be patient and train my mind to stay focus - determination.
To fulfil my dream of being a missionary and preacher, I must first work on servanthood in my family. And on to confidence and faith, to do exactly what the Lord tells me to do. Just like when I was a kid, the child-like faith to just do without worrying about how others will think, what will happen next. It's not for me to worry but it's for God to work out the next move.
Honestly speaking, I am lacking in many ways. Servanthood should start from my earthly family, then to spiritual and lastly to the society - friends, colleagues, relatives.
Just thinking, sometimes when I am told to do certain chores at home, I'd just be so unwilling because of physically tiredness, sometimes laziness and sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything.
Many a times, I serve my family whenever I feel like it. Sleep to me is pretty important though I like to cook. Last Saturday, I woke up early and wanted to cook lunch. I did.
I am praying and asking the Lord to help me have the right attitude in serving my own family. I guess I have been too spoilt by my mum who does everything for me when I was young. I grew up to be individualistic but definitely not selfish. I grew up doing things on my own if it's of my own choice. Did things independently if I need anything.
From my growing up years, I told myself when I have children of my own, I want to ground them with the right values, attitudes according to the Word of God. I grew up figuring out these on my own. Not that my parents didn't teach me, but I guess my mum grew up to be a spoilt child herself and not a strong believer to teach me the values. My dad was too busy with work, though he took really good care of me but I guess in some areas of his life, there are issues unresolved.
But thank God, at least they brought me to Sunday services where I learnt about christian lifestyle. But these wasn't exactly grounded because of conviction but it's because it's written in the bible and I am just doing certain things out of obedience.
And perhaps this is the reason why I choose to serve when I want to and as I can.
I really need to tear down and rebuilt many areas of my life. I think I really have not caught anything while I was in SOT. Not the right way to phrase, I did learn and encounter God while in SOT. I guess it's just spiritual discipline now as well as really asking the Lord to re-ignite the fire and passion I have for the dreams He has placed in my life.
I want to serve in the areas of Mission and Preaching. I just inadequate because the knowledge I have gained through training has not become a lifestyle and application in my daily work.
Help me, Holy Spirit!
Even during communion today, I asked the Lord to help me truly change inside-out. This is the season of change.
From tradition to transition, I passing through this transition stage at this age when it seems tough the change certain habits and attitudes. But in God, all things are possible. It's a matter of willingness, intimacy with the Lord as well as humility. Knowing the origin of my being, the gifts, talents, authority, etc in my life.
Once I pull through the transition period, there will be transformation. Just need to be patient and train my mind to stay focus - determination.
To fulfil my dream of being a missionary and preacher, I must first work on servanthood in my family. And on to confidence and faith, to do exactly what the Lord tells me to do. Just like when I was a kid, the child-like faith to just do without worrying about how others will think, what will happen next. It's not for me to worry but it's for God to work out the next move.