Week that I was Busy.....

14th Dec 07, Friday

It's my company X'mas bazaar for fund raising. Really thank God that I managed to get a team of carolers to come in and organise a game as well. There was favor even for the prizes for the people who participate. 1st Prize- $100 Taka Vouchers / 2nd Prize - $50 Vouchers and a 6-piece glass set for the 3rd.

I was really surprised that my colleague offered to sponsor us these prizes for the game especially we come in as outsiders.

We were busy the whole morning. I have to run up and down to bring in the people and walk them round since they are not staff. Practicing, setting up, rehearsing, waiting, going around asking for donations. Whew! But it was great, it's something I have always hoped for that some people from church to usher in the love of X'mas into the atmosphere of the company I work for. :>

15th Dec 07, Saturday
Another busy day of outreach. I think it's pretty successful with the number of people. But just pray that the friends will come back to join us this weekend of the X'mas musical drama production. Not only that but also that they will experience and encounter the love of God.

It was also a birthday celebration for the December babies and I do hope that they like their presents.






16th Dec 07, Sunday
It's the choir gigs at Vivo! Right after service, we had to rush for a cab from Expo to Vivo. Us - Audrey, Eunice and Faith. Esp for myself, I have yet to get a bright top. Thank God, managed to find a Red shirt for the gig. Very bright! :s

All the sisters had to put on fake lashes, which I wasn't really comfortable with. Wonder how some of my friends can get used to the discomfort.


All went well and at least, there were people watching us and cheering along with us. It was fantastic!

Went home, rested for awhile and headed to my grandma's place to collect my dad's pants. After which, I went to Orchard with my brother to pass a book to my friend and went shopping. It has been some time since I went out with my brother, it's good to have time alone and shopping with my brother, getting presents for my cousins and aunties. Had some good buy.

17th Dec 07, Monday
Heavy buffet lunch with my department @ Trader's Hotel. I have lost weight and have no wish to put on weight again so I really ate slow and in small portion. The food lasted me till the whole night. Saved $ for the day.

19th Dec 07, Wednesday
Finally, it was my "virgin" arrangement for us to meet up. My friends will know me well enough that I am NOT an organiser of meetings or outings. I simply hate to do that beause it takes effort to arrange for all to meet together. But I just felt that this is what God wants me to do. The things that I dislike to do, yet I need to step into faith and out of my comfort zone.

I just felt that I need to build stronger friendships and appreciate the friends in my life. Doesn't mean that we don't meet up, that's it. Friendship or any relationship takes effort to build and sustain. It's easy to make friends but not easy to sustain especially when we are so preoccupied with our personal life. Yet, this is not God's intention for us - busy with our own "self". So I decided to arrange a gathering in this festive season. A few couldn't make it, but at least a few could and we had fun! It was a quality time that we didn't have for a loooooooooooooong time.

Went to a German restaurant - Brotzeit - @ Vivo. :> It was a restaurant which I have been wanting to try the food after having some drinks there with my friends some time back. Finally, my wish is granted.



3 of us went to caught a mid-night show - "National Treasures". For the first time, I didn't doze off for a late night movie with them. Usually, I would have dozed off for awhile so I am not really in favor of mid-night shows. Anyhow, it was an exciting movie but simple story line. Light-hearted though certain scenes were rather thrilling.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day