永远信实的主
昨晚 是我童年教会的七十周感恩纪念日。好久没回去了,感觉上老了很多。好像又回到现实生活。 年纪比我小好多岁的, 已经是成年人了。 结婚的结婚,拍拖的排拖,生子的生孩子,当兵的当兵。 感觉有点奇怪,但是这本来就是很平常的啊!
从小就在这上主日学,因为以前是吃potato的。还记得念小一, 第一天上学, 非常的lost。每个同学都讲华语,觉得好像在外地。
谈申律浸信教会突破了。现在团结心很强,比起我的年代进步了很多。 上帝的动工是不能否定的。看到教会的成长与突破,我很心慰。当年离开是因为大家都蛮individual. There was no sense of belonging because it's a family church.
But hearing what Pastor Zhang shared last evening, I was touched and felt so much that God has moved in the hearts of the people. Pastor was sharing the vision for 2008: to build a church that glorifies God and make disciples in Christ.
He was sharing that the God has positioned the church in a place of opportunities. When I was young, the church was surrounded by nothing but forest and a few housings. Today, it's surrounded by Condominiums, IRAS, Novena Square, United Square, etc. He inspired the people to look at the opportunities, the lost souls, that Jesus has brought to the church. Urging them to see these people coming into the church. He wants TRBC to be a sanctuary, refuge and a house of prayer for the people around.
He's not anything like KH, he's a very reserved, calm pastor. I cannot express what's in my heart but God is indeed faithful.
Speaking of a thankful and grateful heart to the root of my origin, I haven't really done anything for TRBC. I still love this place, remember how it used to look like through my years being a toddler, child, teenager and young adult. I finally left during Poly year 1, struggling and with objections. But at that time, I felt I was at my dead ends, drying up and there was simply no unity in my batch.
In fact, every one left except for a handful whom I think are religiously attending. But I can't judge because it's their relationship with God.
Really so happy, beyond joy to see the youths and the fellowships are so united now, not as self-centred as before. The kids have really grown up.
从小就在这上主日学,因为以前是吃potato的。还记得念小一, 第一天上学, 非常的lost。每个同学都讲华语,觉得好像在外地。
谈申律浸信教会突破了。现在团结心很强,比起我的年代进步了很多。 上帝的动工是不能否定的。看到教会的成长与突破,我很心慰。当年离开是因为大家都蛮individual. There was no sense of belonging because it's a family church.
But hearing what Pastor Zhang shared last evening, I was touched and felt so much that God has moved in the hearts of the people. Pastor was sharing the vision for 2008: to build a church that glorifies God and make disciples in Christ.
He was sharing that the God has positioned the church in a place of opportunities. When I was young, the church was surrounded by nothing but forest and a few housings. Today, it's surrounded by Condominiums, IRAS, Novena Square, United Square, etc. He inspired the people to look at the opportunities, the lost souls, that Jesus has brought to the church. Urging them to see these people coming into the church. He wants TRBC to be a sanctuary, refuge and a house of prayer for the people around.
He's not anything like KH, he's a very reserved, calm pastor. I cannot express what's in my heart but God is indeed faithful.
Speaking of a thankful and grateful heart to the root of my origin, I haven't really done anything for TRBC. I still love this place, remember how it used to look like through my years being a toddler, child, teenager and young adult. I finally left during Poly year 1, struggling and with objections. But at that time, I felt I was at my dead ends, drying up and there was simply no unity in my batch.
In fact, every one left except for a handful whom I think are religiously attending. But I can't judge because it's their relationship with God.
Really so happy, beyond joy to see the youths and the fellowships are so united now, not as self-centred as before. The kids have really grown up.