Thank God

Thank God for friends and of course friendship. I am so glad to have friends around whom I can share with each other, be a listening ear to one another and advise each other. Really appreciate it.

Especially for myself when I hardly share with anyone because I like to learn a listening ears rather than always sharing or talking about problems. But sometimes I really, really cannot take it, I really, really thank God that He has placed people in my life who can pray for me. Feel so much better now that I share with 2 of my friends about my thoughts and emotions.

But I also thank God that I am more focused now, because the direction of my prayer is different from before. During worship in CG today, CGL told us to speak and confess the word to encourage the members. Being the quiet and the now laid-back me, I was sharing so many verses that God has impressed upon my heart. These are the words that I really need to confess every day of my life so that I stay focused, balanced and secured in the Lord.

Now the thing to work on is the vision and calling of my life. I am still quite apprehensive about it.

Really appreciate RZ and Cat also for having lunch with me, enjoyed your company and fellowship. Just like before, sharing freely with each other and enjoying each other's presence.

I admit I don't have alot of close friends whom I constantly keep in contact with because of a very bad habit since my youth - always waiting for people to organise and call me out. Oops..... This is bad...... I guess this is also part of the reason why I struggle for ministry as well because I just don't have the habit of calling people. It's not a big issue to call friends but I don't know why the though of calling someone just irks me. Something wrong with me in this area. Hmmm.....

But one thing is I like to meet people face to face or talk over msn than over the phone. I have a mild phobia for phone. I don't pick up the phone when the phone rings at home unless there's no one around. Ah yo..... Must break the inhibition/phobia or whatever you call that!
_____________________________________________________________
I finally sat down and work out my sums with God last night for BF. Calculating the amt with increment and without increment. I want to give at a level that I am comfortable with but also at the same time, an amt that will please God with my faith. This amt is not alot compared to my past pledge but I want to give with a different mindset and attitude this time round. Slowly to build my faith up again to give and to trust that God will provide.

In fact, I have another idea from a friend for $$-making but that will depend on my bro who's going to Saigon end of this year. Hopefully, I can do something that will increase my finances so that I can give more than I pledged.

Read this yesterday morning while on my way to work:

Ecclesiastes 5
v.4 - When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed -
v.5 - Better not to vow than to vow and not to pay.

that's what really made me sat down to do my sums, I don't want to be foolish! I still feel I am not giving enough but it's really not about me.

Unequal amts but equal sacrifices

I need to plan for the future and I know as I give God will prosper me so I don't want to assume or presume the amt. Open up my ears!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day