A good godly wife

Met up with my friend today for financial planning. Before that we chatted quite abit and shared about our faith, church, friends, Sun and the wonderful things she has done, marketplace evangelism, etc.

We spoke quite alot, including relationships and marriage. Thanks to Pst's message about Choosing the Right Partner and Making Marriage Work, I can share with friends the biblical principles.

I hardly share with my peers seriously and perspectively because I often hide behind my happy-go-lucky or "little girl" self-esteem. Little does people know that I like to share about serious topics, about life. I am not the typical gal who talks about fashion, shopping, gossips, etc.

I like hanging out with people who knows more than I do and to learn from them. It's good to have the opportunity today to share with this friend about the work that Sun has done and also share the principles of r/s and marriage.

As she comes from a pretty conservative church, she was so amazed by the principles and kept commenting that I'd be a good christian wife and whoever doesn't know how to appreciate, she's going to koink his head. haha... she's so funny just like when she was in Poly, so jolly.

I told her, the principles do help but then again, application is more important than knowledge. When things really happens, all it matters is the actual application of the principles.

I am so glad to bless someone with what I have learnt from church. I guess deep in my heart, I still find the joy of sharing about God with people. But you don't always have people who wants to listen about the good news. I guess it takes time, people don't care how much you know but how much you care.

This doesn't only refer to people out there but also people like me. I remember when I was in my darkest moments in Poly, my peers would always tell me, pray and trust in God. I mean I know pray and trust in God, every christian knows that. But when you are down, you don't need "spiritual advises" unless you are a babe. You need people to pray with you, lend a listening ear, just be there and let your presence felt. The little acts of kindness that make a great difference.

But we all learn, maybe there was a point in time, that I also gave "spiritual advises" as if it's so easy to brush things off.

I have a good fellowship with this friend and I do hope she is blessed with the sharings since she's also praying for a partner.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day