Seasons

There is a season to sift, a season to grow and overcome, a season to make a stand for what you believe in and taking control of your emotions.

There was a sifting season in my life and now it's a season to be rooted in prayers and Word of God, also at the same time, to develop the fruit of self-control.

My physical tiredness is causing my emotions to be alittle down again. But this time round, I think I really to take hold of my emotions. It will not be 100% in my control but slowly and with patience. I hope that I can be free of the control of this upheaval of emotions especially when I am tired. I have the power to control how I feel and what I think.

Sometimes the upheaval of emotions can be very draining on the energy level as well. It's time to stop it before I get tired of myself being whimpy.

James 1
v.3 - For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
v.4 - So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
v.5 - If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
v.6 - But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
v.7 - Such person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
v.8 - Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

The main source of strength to stop wavering according to the likes of our emotions - our conviction. What do we value and what is our belief system? Key: Word and solid time with God.

Prayers connect and refreshes us but only when we have "solid" time with the Lord. Grace, Grace.
______________________________________________________

Had a chat with friend and she mentioned in a relationship, both must be ready to make adjustments for one another and be willing to make certain sacrifices. Adjustments are not a problem, making sacrifices will take abit because of the years of singlehood and being by myself. Love the Perfect so that you can accept the imperfect. If you can't love the Perfect, how do you love the imperfect? Totally agree too.

My belief is acceptance of who the other party is but also to help one another with our weaknesses. But it should never be depending each other for true strength or meeting one another's need. The dependence should be on our Matchmaker.

I agree with what she said, knowing your value in God and who you are in Christ is very important. There are times that people unincidentally say things that will reject your but your value is not in what they say.

Sometimes when you are emotionally down, the words of people can pierce through like a sword. That's why we need to stay FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

James 5:13
Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.

This is a season of spiritual discipline for - prayer and fasting. Anchoring my emotions with the right Person, knowing myself and knowing Him. Stabilise my emotions and not let it control me.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day