Dinner

Met up a few of my sec sch friends for dinner today! :>

It's so good to be able to meet up with "old" friends, 4 out of 5 are in accounting industry. The 1 out of 4 is an auditor. We were like bombarding the auditor why do auditors ask silly or oblivious questions most of the times??

- Why is it that you receive more from debtors this year than last year?
- Why is it you pay more to creditors this year than last year?

My poor auditor friend had nothing to say. She admits she often kenna bullied by clients. Hmmm, to think, I have contemplated to becoming an auditor at certain point in time.

Should I be taking CPA/ACCA or a post graduate? Should I continue studies after all? At my age, I have many things to consider. If I were 2 years younger, I probably might consider continuing my studies, doing Masters or Post graduate perhaps for a year in Australia.

Now, I am not sure. It's definitely never too old to do anything, it's all in the state of mind. Just that I kind of like my job now, comfortable and I like the culture.

But again, it depends on where God is leading me too. Usually I will have a prompting when it's time to leave a job and I haven't got any prompting to go yet. I know He doesn't have intentions for me to stay long here, He has something bigger for me. I need to learn and absorb as much as I can here until I move on to the next greener pasture.

Work to me, used to be a playground. It's where I learn, know people and earn my $$. Now, work is not only a place to learn, know people but it is about competition - climbing the corporate ladder and able to lead and influence the people.

I still have a little of the playground mentality but slowly, I will need to grasp and understand the business and know what exactly I am doing, how procedures flow and the impacts of any interruptions.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day