Complacency?

We have sang Look to You for a couple of times but today, the words: "As I look into the sky above, wonder how my life has changed..."

I can't really remember my life being changed for these 2 years. Not that He hasn't been doing anything these 2 years, but I guess I have been too complacent, too comfortable being who I am and the way I am. It's like my heart don't get stirred up as easily. I think my skin is growing thinner and heart getting thicker!!!

I remember when I was a youth, I was just so ready to change as and when the Word spoke to me. If there are areas which are not right, I was determined to change. But as I grew older, my motivation wasn't WOG but words of man. My friends became the first in my life, and God was 2nd. And life was never the same again. Till now, I still find it hard to find my focus back to God. Slow and steady steps....

I really need time alone when I can really be reconnected again to Him and disconnected from the world for a moment. During altar call today, I just felt that every day, there should be an altar call for believers to rededicate each day to the Lord - supposedly quiet time, to lift up each day's life troubles, blessings, frustrations, happiness, etc to Jesus and be refreshed again.

Watched the Special Olympics MTV today. SIGH.... every time I watch anything related to ID, I just felt my heart goes out for them. I rememebered when I first joined JAMS it was all because of the video clip during the service for recruitment. I cried and I wanted to really help these kids. During today's MTV, I was feeling alittle emotional again. Just don't know why, looking at them, really touches my heart. I want to visit JAMS again one of these days.
_________________________________________________________________
I was feeling lousy on Friday because of the lack of sleep. My mum disturbed me again since 4am I think! Sigh!!!!! With closing, Interco, and job recon, I was up to my neck! Then there was CG as well in the night.

I skipped choir prac yesterday because I was really, really exhausted and hoped that I needn't sing today. Thank God, they exempted me today and I can sleep alittle longer.

Packed my room again yesterday since I missed prac. Seems like a monthly routine now but I did rearrange my furniture as well and threw away alot more books, including all my soft toys since Primary school. :<

Messy, messy, messy!


All the flowers that I received in the past also buang....


After packing.... :>

My friend told me this morning that I should throw away my Uni books as well!!! NO WAY!!! It took me alot just to discard my poly textbooks last month as well as all the Sunday school exercise books since lower Pri. :<

Till now, I am aching from my back down to my thighs. Sigh... Old liao!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day