Back to Basics

Galatians 5

v.1 - It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Sometimes there are many things in life that enslave us - mindset and experiences. These 2 alone can shape our belief, values and views that we carry along in life. I guess it's putting everything in line according to what God says in His word so that we will not be trapped in the ways of this world?

I wonder when a baby enters into this world, will he know what fear, rejection, loneliness, worry is about? I don't think so. I think what he knows about is food. Even when he is abandoned, I don't think there's fear. Probably because of his innocence or ignorance of the dangers around.

Whatever it is, going back to the basics, Christ has set us free and we just have to keep ourselves from being enslaved all over again.

v.22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v.23 - gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

On my way to the doc's appt, I thought of the above. I think I am really falling behind. The caring system and being the star thrower that makes a difference, is really display of the characteristics of the Fruit in our lives.

Facing the pressures and stress of life, we should have love, joy, peace and patience;
Facing people who are different from us, we should have patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control;
To be a witnesss or a good colleague or good worker, we should have faithfulness.

Sometimes I will think about my work and CG, why is there a difference in the level of faithfulness? The discrepancy derives from the benefits that I gain, probably. The things that I have gained being a believer exceeds far greater than my work. Yet, I am more committed in my work than CG.

I guess it all goes back again to what is intangible and what is tangible - eternity vs temporal.

SIGH.... I can only sigh when it comes to this topic.

Well whatever it is, I don't have to be a leader to impact lives. Jesus didn't go around as a leader but He went around as a willing servant. WILLING - it's another heart attitude I lack. I am more willing to commit to my work!

Ah yo!!!!! What story! XXXXXXXXXX

Matthew 22

v.37 - 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
v.38 - This is the first and great commandment.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day