Longing for grace

An act of kindness means so much to one who's looking for love and acceptance as well as assurance.

Lewis Smedes:

Guilt was not my problem as I felt it. What I felt most was a glob of
unworthiness that I could not tie down to any concrete sins I was guilty of.
What I needed more than pardon was a sense that God accepted me, owned me,
held me, affirmed me, and would never let me go even if he was not too
impressed with what he had on his hands.

Mark Twain:
Put a dog and cat in a cage together, they got along well. Put in a bird,
pig and goat. They, too, got along fine after a few adjustments. Then put in a
Baptist, Presbyterian, and Catholic; soon there was not a living thing
left.

hm... Grace... is it a rare commodity or what? Or have we become so task-oriented, focused on the end goals that we have forgotten how to exercise grace? Or is it because we experienced ungrace so we don't know to give grace?

Grace, to me, is an equivalent to love.

I most probably have been ungracious to people around me too. How is it that we can show grace to people of the world but not towards brothers and sisters? Because we are of different standards since we are supposedly to be children of God?

I don't have the answers. Did the people sense the grace that Jesus has for them at times when he was fierce to them? I wonder.........

Has the word teachability been abused or misused?

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day