Tossed by the waves
Friday was not a very good day for Masterclass. We had 2 creative presentations which didn't go very well for the 2nd. All teams had the wrong interpretation of the question and none had actually verified with the trainers if the direction they are going is correct.
Lesson Learnt: Never assume.
But how would you know that you are assuming if you think or at that point in time, "know" what you are doing?
I just don't get the issue of "don't assume". I mean if I am unsure, I will ask. If I am sure, then to me, it's not assuming! Just a general thought. I guess at some point in time, I do penalise people for assuming as well when they probably thought they are pretty sure they are in the right direction.
Anyway, back to Masterclass. Everyone was really startled by the response of one of the trainers. She was really pissed!! I mean REALLY, REALLY. She questioned us, which part of the question that tells us we need to do a role play. Every one agreed that it was the word "Imagine you are in a creative session...".
I can understand why she was so angry since they have invited our CEO to be panel for this presentation. I guess it's really waste of his time and things just went haywired.
Well, at least the other trainer was trying to find out why we would have misinterpreted and tried to find a solution.
At the end of the day, every one was just moody and sort of in shock? Is shock the right word anyway?
I guess out of the 6 weeks so far, last Friday was a black day or memory to all the happy weekends we had.
But Saturday, everything was back to normal. The trainer who was pissed has cooled off and as friendly as before. It was the day that we got our BIG BRIEF.
They made sure that we understood what really is required so that the same thing doesn't happen again. Otherwise, it will not only be an embarassment to them but also putting ourselves into bad light since we are going to present to an actual client.
It was a half day event so that we can proceed on with a buffet lunch for graduation!
Lesson Learnt: Never assume.
But how would you know that you are assuming if you think or at that point in time, "know" what you are doing?
I just don't get the issue of "don't assume". I mean if I am unsure, I will ask. If I am sure, then to me, it's not assuming! Just a general thought. I guess at some point in time, I do penalise people for assuming as well when they probably thought they are pretty sure they are in the right direction.
Anyway, back to Masterclass. Everyone was really startled by the response of one of the trainers. She was really pissed!! I mean REALLY, REALLY. She questioned us, which part of the question that tells us we need to do a role play. Every one agreed that it was the word "Imagine you are in a creative session...".
I can understand why she was so angry since they have invited our CEO to be panel for this presentation. I guess it's really waste of his time and things just went haywired.
Well, at least the other trainer was trying to find out why we would have misinterpreted and tried to find a solution.
At the end of the day, every one was just moody and sort of in shock? Is shock the right word anyway?
I guess out of the 6 weeks so far, last Friday was a black day or memory to all the happy weekends we had.
But Saturday, everything was back to normal. The trainer who was pissed has cooled off and as friendly as before. It was the day that we got our BIG BRIEF.
They made sure that we understood what really is required so that the same thing doesn't happen again. Otherwise, it will not only be an embarassment to them but also putting ourselves into bad light since we are going to present to an actual client.
It was a half day event so that we can proceed on with a buffet lunch for graduation!