The Wait

Went for choir practice today and had a short fellowship with one of the member.

I was so shocked and surprised that she is already married. I have never seen her with any brother nor heard her went out with any guys.

But it was quite a testimony as I listen to her I had mixed feelings of disappointments, fear and encouragement.

How it started?

Her colleagues have always teased her of being single - old maid - because of her age.
One day, a sister in choir gave her an encouragement card without knowing what was going on in her life. It was card with a man walking towards a woman, hearts floating around.

And at that time, she desired to have a partner and she remembered Pastor has shared that if you can visualise, you can have it.

So she pasted the card on her computer and every day she will pray, "God, I believe the man of my life is walking towards now."

So it happened....
An ex-customer suddenly called her regarding work one day. They lost contact for a year after talking over the phone for 5 years. Purely on work.

Then there was this particular day, the customer suddenly asked her if she wanna go out with him. Suddenly she thought, "Maybe he's the ONE?" So by faith, she agreed.

They started courtship for 2 years and was married Dec 06.

My thoughts....

Disappointed: I prayed and hoped but nothing happens. Seems like my friends are either attached and ready to get married or are married and have kids.

Fears: I don't want to marry old. I want to have a family, children.

Encouraged: Perhaps I haven't prayed consistently, every day about the man for my life. Perhaps I need the faith to just TRY which is not in my dictionary of relationship. Stepping out to take the risk of knowing the person and entering into a possible relationship.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day