Revelation
I have a revelation for this whole week.
Galatians 6
(NIV)
V9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
V10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
(NLT)
V9 So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
V10 Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.
Alot of believers tend to only read the first part and relate it to giving our finances. But then it speaks to me in a very different way, only now.
When I was young or when I was walking very closely with God, I was all on fire to obey whatever His word says. When He says love one another, I will love. When He says forgive, I will forgive. When He says, love your enemy, I will love. When He says, to give up, I will give up. I tried to be all I can to be who He wants me to be. When He says serve unselfishly, I will serve unselfishly. Well, at least 80%?
But then, I guess I did without wisdom and I was taken for granted, I felt small and weak. I hated for who I was then. Hate might be too strong a word, ok, dislike.
Then there was a voice that hit me, why are you doing these? Then I lost focus, and said, "ya, why am i making life difficult for myself?"
Well, that was when I became disobedient, rebellious and unhappy.
Even though I have read and heard this verse many times through the years, it really captured my heart now.
V9 So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
V10 Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.
I guess I have been discouraged with people long enough, including myself for lacking wisdom. V10 speaks exactly when I was really hungry to obey my heavenly Father. But now, He speaks again.
It's not going to be easy because as one grows older, he/she becomes more stubborn or comfortable with who they are though it may not be who God wants them to be.
This verse speaks to be of the "beginning" - first love.
And I pray God will sustain us till the day He returns.
Galatians 6
(NIV)
V9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
V10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
(NLT)
V9 So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
V10 Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.
Alot of believers tend to only read the first part and relate it to giving our finances. But then it speaks to me in a very different way, only now.
When I was young or when I was walking very closely with God, I was all on fire to obey whatever His word says. When He says love one another, I will love. When He says forgive, I will forgive. When He says, love your enemy, I will love. When He says, to give up, I will give up. I tried to be all I can to be who He wants me to be. When He says serve unselfishly, I will serve unselfishly. Well, at least 80%?
But then, I guess I did without wisdom and I was taken for granted, I felt small and weak. I hated for who I was then. Hate might be too strong a word, ok, dislike.
Then there was a voice that hit me, why are you doing these? Then I lost focus, and said, "ya, why am i making life difficult for myself?"
Well, that was when I became disobedient, rebellious and unhappy.
Even though I have read and heard this verse many times through the years, it really captured my heart now.
V9 So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
V10 Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.
I guess I have been discouraged with people long enough, including myself for lacking wisdom. V10 speaks exactly when I was really hungry to obey my heavenly Father. But now, He speaks again.
It's not going to be easy because as one grows older, he/she becomes more stubborn or comfortable with who they are though it may not be who God wants them to be.
This verse speaks to be of the "beginning" - first love.
And I pray God will sustain us till the day He returns.