OMG
Oh my God!
Oh my Gosh!
Oh my Goodness!
What else is there? I broke my record last night by drinking alot more than my usual of 1 glass of long island tea.
It tasted bland at first but then, the effect is like that of the norm. But still, I carried on with "Insider" (not too sure if I got this right, it's like apple fermented beer), and 2 more glasses of red wine.
It may not sound alot but it's definitely too much for me. Drinking 4-5 glasses of wine is not a problem for me but.... with beer and cocktail.. well... I think my liver may fail me earlier than I thought so.
It was a "celebration" so my regional boss says. People were asked to leave so that they have the opportunities to move on to a better place and exponentiate their potential to another level. Who knows, come back and make an impact in the division or company again.
It was interesting to know that he earned about 9K pounds a year when he first started, which was about SGD25K/year. He wanted to be an actor but his dad persuade him otherwise and he ended up with a print company. So God has a plan, and he met the father of his friend whom he had tried burning his hair in college. Hilarious!
He roped him into a media company and he stayed on in the advertising industry since. Not much of an adventure but it just takes you to meet the right person and for you to land into a career which you have much passion about.
Nothing was happening much and every one was just talking. Until, I felt my worth when a colleague confided in me of her recent broke-up. Yes, time for cultural mandate to take place. I like to counsel pple or perhaps to lend listening ear to someone. Even more so for non-believers because they are not thick headed? If there's such a word, well, at least in my dictionary.
I guess the reason why I want to be a teacher in the past it's so that I can be a friend, guardian, counsellor to my students. I felt the best way to impact lives is to hear the soul of the people, when they share their deepest thoughts/fears. I am not too sure if I am doing this because I want to meet the needs of the people or mine. Because to give counsel and to have someone share their life with me, I just feel that I am needed. I can do something for them.
Right now, I don't think I am needed or can do anything for the people. I am not a thick-skinned person and I will not force my help upon people even though they may seem to need help. Perhaps of this wound or rejection of the past.
In my deepest pit-hole of my life, I wanted to help another friend whom seemed to be depressed as well. I guess I was made in such a way that love and concern is very important despite of what I am going through. But I was rejected straight in my face, "I am ok! I don't need your help!"
I lose myself inwardly, and ever since then, I don't bother about others unless they show that they want me to be there for them.
SIGH! Is this pride? Sounds like it.... My diginity and trust for others was stepped upon beyond recognition, and my life was never the same since then.
But a word from God has more influence than a thousand words spoken by others and ourselves. Since I am holding on life to live and holding onto God, hey, just move on and move out, looking at what the future beholds and not how the past has ruined your life. And why is your life ruined? Because you look back, and the present which is the future of your past is ruined.
Profound? or confusing? Both.....
But I know what the future beholds - Vision, Dreams and Hopes.
As for my walk with God, I have to stop being stubborn. If I want to hold onto Him, it shows that I want Him to do something in my life. And since I want Him to do something in my life, why am i resisting so much? Oxy-moron is the word!
Oh my Gosh!
Oh my Goodness!
What else is there? I broke my record last night by drinking alot more than my usual of 1 glass of long island tea.
It tasted bland at first but then, the effect is like that of the norm. But still, I carried on with "Insider" (not too sure if I got this right, it's like apple fermented beer), and 2 more glasses of red wine.
It may not sound alot but it's definitely too much for me. Drinking 4-5 glasses of wine is not a problem for me but.... with beer and cocktail.. well... I think my liver may fail me earlier than I thought so.
It was a "celebration" so my regional boss says. People were asked to leave so that they have the opportunities to move on to a better place and exponentiate their potential to another level. Who knows, come back and make an impact in the division or company again.
It was interesting to know that he earned about 9K pounds a year when he first started, which was about SGD25K/year. He wanted to be an actor but his dad persuade him otherwise and he ended up with a print company. So God has a plan, and he met the father of his friend whom he had tried burning his hair in college. Hilarious!
He roped him into a media company and he stayed on in the advertising industry since. Not much of an adventure but it just takes you to meet the right person and for you to land into a career which you have much passion about.
Nothing was happening much and every one was just talking. Until, I felt my worth when a colleague confided in me of her recent broke-up. Yes, time for cultural mandate to take place. I like to counsel pple or perhaps to lend listening ear to someone. Even more so for non-believers because they are not thick headed? If there's such a word, well, at least in my dictionary.
I guess the reason why I want to be a teacher in the past it's so that I can be a friend, guardian, counsellor to my students. I felt the best way to impact lives is to hear the soul of the people, when they share their deepest thoughts/fears. I am not too sure if I am doing this because I want to meet the needs of the people or mine. Because to give counsel and to have someone share their life with me, I just feel that I am needed. I can do something for them.
Right now, I don't think I am needed or can do anything for the people. I am not a thick-skinned person and I will not force my help upon people even though they may seem to need help. Perhaps of this wound or rejection of the past.
In my deepest pit-hole of my life, I wanted to help another friend whom seemed to be depressed as well. I guess I was made in such a way that love and concern is very important despite of what I am going through. But I was rejected straight in my face, "I am ok! I don't need your help!"
I lose myself inwardly, and ever since then, I don't bother about others unless they show that they want me to be there for them.
SIGH! Is this pride? Sounds like it.... My diginity and trust for others was stepped upon beyond recognition, and my life was never the same since then.
But a word from God has more influence than a thousand words spoken by others and ourselves. Since I am holding on life to live and holding onto God, hey, just move on and move out, looking at what the future beholds and not how the past has ruined your life. And why is your life ruined? Because you look back, and the present which is the future of your past is ruined.
Profound? or confusing? Both.....
But I know what the future beholds - Vision, Dreams and Hopes.
As for my walk with God, I have to stop being stubborn. If I want to hold onto Him, it shows that I want Him to do something in my life. And since I want Him to do something in my life, why am i resisting so much? Oxy-moron is the word!