James 1
V6 - But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
V7 - People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
V8 - They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do.
This verse very much describes me. But the verse that scares by is V7. It doesn't mention will not receive but don't even expect. No need to have expectation at all.
I always waver between stepping into my calling and staying in my comfort zone. It's like my engine has stalled for years and rust, now to have my engine start, it seems to take much "lubricant". Yet, I am not having enough of the "lubricant" in my life.
As much as I will like to pray, I'd rather just pray in tongues and not speak in words. I guess I have alot of unbelief. Not towards the word of God, but towards if His promises are really for me. Because I often see others having their prayers answered and not mine. It makes me feel as if there's something with me. Perhaps it's because of V8.
That's why even though I like prayer meetings, but I don't like myself to pray. I'd prefer others to pray and I agree. I don't have the faith thing my prayers will be answered. Though His promises are Yes & Amen, I always have the impression that it's not like this for me.
I need a change in my attitude & perspective.
Help Me!
V6 - But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
V7 - People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
V8 - They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do.
This verse very much describes me. But the verse that scares by is V7. It doesn't mention will not receive but don't even expect. No need to have expectation at all.
I always waver between stepping into my calling and staying in my comfort zone. It's like my engine has stalled for years and rust, now to have my engine start, it seems to take much "lubricant". Yet, I am not having enough of the "lubricant" in my life.
As much as I will like to pray, I'd rather just pray in tongues and not speak in words. I guess I have alot of unbelief. Not towards the word of God, but towards if His promises are really for me. Because I often see others having their prayers answered and not mine. It makes me feel as if there's something with me. Perhaps it's because of V8.
That's why even though I like prayer meetings, but I don't like myself to pray. I'd prefer others to pray and I agree. I don't have the faith thing my prayers will be answered. Though His promises are Yes & Amen, I always have the impression that it's not like this for me.
I need a change in my attitude & perspective.
Help Me!