Alison - The Chef

Overslept this morning because of last night.

And for the first time, after 10 years of retiring from being a chef, I started cooking again today since I am on leave.



What seems to be simple became a disastrous sight for my brother.

I wanted to cook soup for lunch. So cleverly, I saw prawns in the fridge and took it out.

1. I boiled hot water and then placed the prawns in the sift.
2. Pour the hot water over the prawns, still in their shells. Never mind about this. Then I placed the prawns aside.
3. Carrots, hotdogs, peas all in.
My brother commented, don't you think hotdog should be last since it can cooked easily? Point taken, and I took a ladle to take out the hotdogs out.
4. Put in mushrooms with the water/gravy from the can.
Brother: What are you doing?!?!?!
Alison: Well, the water/gravy of the mushroom will add flavor to the soup! (Proud of myself saying that)
Brother: (Pointing to the can of mushroom) Do you know what is this???
Alison: Can?
Brother: Preservatives!!!!!!! That's how the mushrooms are kept fresh.
Alison: Hmm... ya you are right.... ok. I shall stop pouring that in.
Brother: (Shaking his head)
5. Put in more peas and mushrooms
Brother: How am I taking out the ladle of prawns with all the peas and mushrooms on them?

You see, he just put in the ladle of prawns to cook them.

Alison: Oops, so sorry. I was happily putting them in, I didn't see the prawns.
Brother: (exasperated) It's 11am and I need to go to school.
Alison: Lunch??
Brother: It's ok, I am having free dinner tonight.
Alison: (Winz)

Well I pretty proud being a chef today, the soup turned out well. It's sweet with very good vitamins - prawns, carrots, peas, mushrooms, hotdogs.

I fried egg with mushrooms, sotong balls, and peas with prawns and hotdogs.



Lunch settled!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day