Long Journey Home
Did pedicure after, hmm, months... I think my feet have skin thick like an elephant. Had laksa for dinner when I told myself not to eat but still... I felt so bloated I told myself maybe I should take a walk.
Guess what? From bugis junction I walked to Prinsep St and on to Tekka, then to Serangoon Road where I stopped by Mustafa to enjoy cool air. Shoppped about 10min and continued the long stretch of Serangoon Road. It didn't seem as scary as I thought it'd be. I am not a racist definitely but I know how fierce that ethnic group can be when they are drunk. It's really scary because they turn violent. But then this happens to almost anyone.
And when I passed by Farrer Park station, I was contemplating to take the quieter route which seemed like a short-cut. There was practically no one travelling along that path and I thought it's an adventure. Well sound silly, anyway, I took the main road still.
Yet again, I saw another quiet route that leads to faraway HDB flats in front of me from where I was standing. I saw this uncle who is in fact 70 yrs old! He didn't look like it though.
This kind uncle told me that the quiet route will lead to Race Course which I didn't want to. It's almost 50min since I started walking from Bugis Junction. Could've been faster if I had taken the route towards Rochor, sigh.....
So this uncle who can speak Mandarin, English, Basic Thai and Jap led me down to Towner Road which is still part of Serangoon. So off we go, chatting, passing by Bencoolen, Bendemeer or whatever.. and there I reached Towner finally at about 920pm.
I was hoping not to miss My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. And praise God, the bus keep at around 925pm so I didn't have to wait long.
What a journey! The stroll from Bugis to Little India and Serangoon makes me feel like I am in foreign land because besides myself, there are some other tourists/backpackers who were walking that way as well. I felt like I was having holiday too. :>
Lesson
Sometimes we take the wrong route but most importantly we reach our destination. And when we are lost, God will send someone to lead. When you are tired, He will send someone to distract you from your tiredness.
Guess what? From bugis junction I walked to Prinsep St and on to Tekka, then to Serangoon Road where I stopped by Mustafa to enjoy cool air. Shoppped about 10min and continued the long stretch of Serangoon Road. It didn't seem as scary as I thought it'd be. I am not a racist definitely but I know how fierce that ethnic group can be when they are drunk. It's really scary because they turn violent. But then this happens to almost anyone.
And when I passed by Farrer Park station, I was contemplating to take the quieter route which seemed like a short-cut. There was practically no one travelling along that path and I thought it's an adventure. Well sound silly, anyway, I took the main road still.
Yet again, I saw another quiet route that leads to faraway HDB flats in front of me from where I was standing. I saw this uncle who is in fact 70 yrs old! He didn't look like it though.
This kind uncle told me that the quiet route will lead to Race Course which I didn't want to. It's almost 50min since I started walking from Bugis Junction. Could've been faster if I had taken the route towards Rochor, sigh.....
So this uncle who can speak Mandarin, English, Basic Thai and Jap led me down to Towner Road which is still part of Serangoon. So off we go, chatting, passing by Bencoolen, Bendemeer or whatever.. and there I reached Towner finally at about 920pm.
I was hoping not to miss My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. And praise God, the bus keep at around 925pm so I didn't have to wait long.
What a journey! The stroll from Bugis to Little India and Serangoon makes me feel like I am in foreign land because besides myself, there are some other tourists/backpackers who were walking that way as well. I felt like I was having holiday too. :>
Lesson
Sometimes we take the wrong route but most importantly we reach our destination. And when we are lost, God will send someone to lead. When you are tired, He will send someone to distract you from your tiredness.