Building Relationships

I thank God for the many friends whom He has placed in my life.
I thank God for the friends who has played a role in my life, be it as a villain or as angel.
I thank God for the friends who has encouraged, advised and stand by my side.

But I need to apologise for my attitude of my past, especially to those when I was studying Poly.

I am not one who knows how to build relationships. To me I can do and do without people, which of course, without people around me, then it will be lonesome.

Relationships/friendships are very fragile. Perhaps there were many times when I show concern, either the person resist or glue to you. I don't like both. Perhaps it's my expectations and also my insecurity.

Resistance and stickiness puts me off. Resistance, to me, is a sign of not trusting. Then the person can forget about me sharing as well. (Pride you say, whatever..) Stickiness, I am sorry, we are mature adults, stop behaving like a kid. We have our own life!

So, I am an individualistic. I don't mind be a part of your life and you in my life as long as there's acceptance and independency.

Probably I am just afraid of commitment because if I can't be the kind of friend the person expects, I feel pressurised and like a failure. I don't like that!

I'd rather be a friend who's there when the person wants me to be there, otherwise, I 'd leave him/her alone.

Root: Fear/Rejection/Abandonment

So you can see how poor I am at building relationships.

But still, God is good. He still brought many friends into my life. People who will keep in mind, my lifelong happiness:
Have you found your godly man?!?!?!
When are you going to be attached?!?!?
You gotta look slimmer, sure quite pretty.
You can do it, stop thinking negatively about yourself.
I am the head and not the tail. > than a conqueror.

Well, many more others... Some of gave silent support with the expression in their eyes and the actions.

Actions and words both are important. There's power in confession and faith brings about the actions.

I have been blessed with nice people around, I need to look out of the box and bless others as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day