Slacking

Met a friend this morning who told me that my English is slacking. Ironic thing is I am working in a division where 90% of my colleagues are caucasians!

My English IQ dropped by at least 50% because of the influence of Singlish and 80% of my friends communicate in Mandarin. I have lost the comfort and confidence in communicating in English. Totally ashamed!

But thank God, I think I should write pretty well in my favorite language without any bombastic or profound words that is. My standard is still at secondary level despite of being highly educated if a degree is considered to be at the level.

I hope to do my Masters soon and if I ever go over to Australia, I'd study full time and work part time. It's going be quite an experience, to get a culture shock. But then who cares, I'd be going to my favorite country and favorite city, Melbourne.

I do hope my cousin gets a PR there this year, who knows, I'd be next to go. Call me irresponsible, childish, unfilial, whatever. I am just taking the lead from the song - It's my Life!

So what about my calling? Well, doesn't mean I am out of Singapore, I am out of my calling. Think above the line, put on the thinking cap. God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscience, so is my calling.

Why should I stay stuck here in Singapore? I think I am spoilt, overly protected and sheltered, not by my parents but by the government and the greatest culprit, MYSELF!

I think I have been hiding under cover for way too many years that my perceptions are that of an adolescent! I need to outgrow from where I am at this current state.


I do hope this plan will come to pass instead of just remaining as a dream.

Since God has not sent the right spouse in my life, I am going to make full use of this singlehood and enjoy.

what's more is that my cousin is there, the cousin I once admired and adored. :>

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day