Loved by the Greatest Love

Once I thought that love was meant for
Anyone else but me
Once I thought that no one knew the Way
Now that only goes to show how wrong we all can be
Cause now it seems He loves me more each day

Chorus:
His love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
His love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
His love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
And there is nothing in this world that can
Ever change His love

Something happened to my heart
The day that I met Him
Something that I never felt before
And that something is that He has buried all my sins
And everyday I know He loves me more
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite song when I was young. Childlike faith brings forth faith and joy but a faith that has stagnated and been contaminated brings forth memories.

I will rather have encounters and experiences than to have memories. It's so sad when your encounter with God has stopped without your knowing. But God is an ever living God, He is doing a work in our lives every day, therefore, there's no reason why experiences with God should stop.

When I sang this song earlier, my tears swelled and roll off my cheeks continuosly. Love is a rare commodity nowadays, be it family, church, friends, etc. Busi-ness has taken our time off from one another, self-centredness has blinded us of the needs of others. And since this has become a lifestyle, we really need the strength of God to overcome our flesh. It's an extra effort that we need to make.

My love tank is very dry at this moment. Perhaps because of envy. I often envy how some people are so loved by others, always having the attention of the people around them, people are always attracted to them. No wonder they can be so confident and walk upright.

I, for one, walks with my head hang low. I, for one, always wish for things to happen or to have what most of my friends enjoy - attention and love.

I find that only good-looking people have these. ya... despite of what I said above, this is contradicting. That's why I need to remind myself of Proverbs 5:2:

For wrath kills a foolish man, And envy slays a simple one.

Envy really robs the joy of a person away because it blinds us from what God has blessed us and blessings that are continually showering upon us.

We need to watch out for envy in our lives. Never allow it to rob us of the contentment in God.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day