Hebrews 12
V1 - Therefore since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us,
V2 - keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne.
V3 - For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, so that you won't grow weary and lose heart.
V4 - In struggling against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
V5 - And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: My son, do not take the Lord's discipline lightly, or faint when you are reproved by Him;
V6 - for the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and punishes every son whom He receives.
V7 - Endure it as discipline: God is dealing with you as sons. For what son is there whom a father does not discipline?
V8 - But if you are without discipline--which all receive--then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offenses

Time and again, offenses always come my way. My patience is running out and I am about to give up and slap someone, rather, anyway that steps on my tail.

I have been rather hot-tempered these days since Sat. But I felt that God is revealing a root area which I need to deal with. It's the rejection that has been rooted since childhood. I stayed with my god-grandmum for a period of time when I was about 4-5 yrs old. That was a horrid period for me and I was constantly and consistently, daily being bullied, shouted at and despised by my god-cousins. Brats! And can you imagine when I was at a kid's age, they were already going on to their teenage! They were at least 2-5 yrs older than me. Selfish and idiots!

But then the rejection and insecurity wasn't revealed to me until last year. I thought I have resolved or rather dealt and delivered. I guess it's a deeper layer this year. Somehow many incidents reminded of me the insecurity I faced through my growing up years.

Grace Grace... Uproot anything that is not of God, be it thoughts or emotions.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day