Goal Setting

2 weeks into 2005, I have yet to set my goals for 2005.

There is only one thing on my mind though, that's to go to Israel. That's going to cost me about $5000, depending on how many days I will be there.

I need a miracle seed for a financial breakthrough. Ironically, I found a job that's commission-based.

Ironical, because about 2 yrs ago, I was just thinking in my heart "how good if I have a commission-based job?" I guessed God heard it though I didn't really mean it as a prayer. I hate telesales job but now I am into it for almost 5 mths. This is another breakthrough that I have and really thank God for it. I struggled terribly, I have a major phobia to use phones. Bad experience in the past, for those who wanna know, ask me personally. Praise the Lord, I am on the phone almost every day now.

I am having good commission and my salary is not stagnant every month.

Today, I have committed an irresistible mistake. GOSSIP or rather complain. Sigh....... This is what I can say, in fact, I already don't have the energy to complain or gossip. I mean I am not a person who likes to complain anyway unless the person really irritates me alot!!! Which is unusual because it takes alot for me to complain about a person. Sigh.... I don't know why i am sighing so much, I just feel so sick and tired of the person that I find complaining drains my energy, I will rather save it for something else, like praying? haha...

The beginning of this year has been good but at the same time, a confusing one. Good because I am involved in ministry which I never dare to be in, ie, CHOIR. Yes, I am in choir!!!!!! hehe... despite I have a little impaired in hearing tone. :-) But God can use me anyhow, and that's all that matters.

Secondly, I am giving bible studies for those who need make up lessons. But that's good enough to take up this entire week, my nights are all taken up! Yet, I feel really good. I used to wonder how come some members can remember the bible so well, always praying along with verses. For me, I can hardly remember verses to pray along with. Yet, God has showed me that I haven't really forgotten what I have learnt, it is in the reserve tank. I am so amazed with myself while I was teaching. All the verses just came flooding to my mind while I teach and I was giving examples from the bible. Sooooo Happieeeeeee! This is yet another breakthrough.

Last night, I was teaching about the greatest aim in life - L.O.V.E. Love, this is one thing sometimes or almost all the times to do. When I was a lost sheep or child, I lived in my own world, in seclusion. I knew nothing about what's going on in the world, the latest fashion, wars. I knew nothing about what's going on in my friends' lives because I couldn't really be bothered, I was always thinking about myself. Not in the sense of self-centredness, but rather I was too overwhelmed by unforgiveness and depression. So I lived almost 5 to 6 years like a zombie, may be longer, I don't remember.

But really, in 2005, I think one of the goals is to care more for people, turn my focus to God and others instead of problems. Sometimes, when you look too long at a problem, it magnifies instead of being solved. Rather spend my time caring, praying and spending time with God, lift up everything to Him and trust that He will give me the wisdom to resolve what I find tough and to trust that He will deliver me.

Thirdly, I am going to be a guitarist for my cell group. I am excited that it is going to multiply, in fact, I have been thinking about it since last December! (ok, loyal members of W255, pls dun stone me!)

Lastly, I am very very happy and grateful to God that I was able to bring a number of friends to join some of the activities that the CG has planned. In fact, in the past, I dun think I can ever bring a friend for outings!!! So demoralising and depressing, so unfruitful! Praise the Lord, I have brought a few friends for some of the outings, and even for the big days.

In 2005, my goal is to have at least 2 friends to come to know the Lord and to be integrated in the CG and church so that they are able to live a purposeful and abundant life.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Emotions

Update for Q1 2018

27th Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day